Monday, June 18, 2012

Labels

Generally, I am not a fan of  "labels."  In our lives we are labeled as a mom, parent, teacher, sister, daughter, wife, cousin, aunt etc.

Greg and I had this whole big thing about not wanting Evie to be labeled with special needs so young, now we know we were a bit crazy. It was aparent pretty early on that we were going to have to put some "labels" on our baby in order to get her the help she needs. So, I began to be OK with labels. THEN........

I was at a therapy session last week and someone introduced me as a "mom of a special needs child" WOW! I had a really hard time with that one. I am good with alot of other labels, but this one hit home. It is who I am and will be forever now, but I guess I wasn't quite ready to hear it.

I can't say it enough- we are blessed by Evie and our lives will never be the same, but I wouldn't change it for the world.







No comments: